Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Item Alert!


This is a turquoise hobo bag, just posted on Kittens' Mittens! I really love this purse, it's such a unique shape. It was pretty complicated to make, it involved creating each triangular piece (8 in total), and then attaching it all together at the end. I also sewed in a black fabric lining, and chose a toggle button enclosure. The strap is actually recycled from a different purse, which was worn out and would have been thrown away. The strap was still in great shape so I figured I would salvage it instead of buying something brand new.. it's always good to help the environment when you can!

I love trying to mix and match diferent fabrics and textures, and I think this bag worked out really well. It really is a one-of-a-kind item! I hope you like it, I had a lot of fun making it! :)

1 comment:

  1. super cute!! :) It sounds like it took a lot of work to make it. I love the shade of turquoise :)

    ReplyDelete